Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 34 Windsurfing
- Preparations are underway for the two week visit to Oregon, USA our family will have in another week. We’re quite excited to visit family and friends. We talked about what to do this weekend and agreed to go revisit Stanley. My husband booked windsurfing equipment and then we took a quick green minibus for 45 minutes to Stanley. I hadn’t been over to the sandy windsurfing beach side of Stanley yet, so it was a pleasure to explore somewhere new. My son was quite interested in collecting as many seashells as he could as my husband set up his board and went off on the water to practice… Thought I’d share the steps we took for the morning:
- 1. Book board in advance. http://w2.leisurelink.lcsd.gov.hk/index/index.jsp
- 2. Get up and moving at 8am.
- 3. Catch MTR and then mini bus to Stanley, Hong Kong.
- 4. Walk 3 blocks over to the Water Sports Center- http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/watersport/en/acti_package_guide.php
- 5. Confirm reservation, fill out paperwork and get key for storage locker.
- 6. Pick up wetsuit and gear, change.
- 7. Gather materials and assemble board, takes around 30 minutes.
8. Throw sail into the water.
- 9. Carry board to the water and put the two together.
- 10. Practice, practice, practice.
- 11. Mom and son go get special late breakfast treat at a cool bakery, Saffron Bakery, and wander around. *Note, my kiddo is on to a new Jack Stalwart book! Tonight he acted out book two complete with a costume. Love how he embraces books he loves.
- 12. Locate the coolest book and purchase! *Kiddo review of book: “CUTE!!” — I’ll share my opinion tomorrow with my #IMWAYR weekly reading update!
- 13. Meet up and have lunch.
- 14. Shop at market for random things on list that will not be named.
- 15. Wait 15 minutes and catch green mini-bus and tram back to apartment.
- 16. Gather energy for rest of the day…
- Earlier in the week, I also wandered around a little in my Tin Hau neighborhood when I needed a little decompressing time after work. I find it fascinating to wander through streets full of little shops. I enjoyed finding a new shop selling cats and supplies for them. I loved the “DO NOT TAP ON GLASS” sign that was in the window. They looked very cute in the window. (I still am a devoted dog person though.)
I share thoughts 3-5 times per week on books, Hong Kong life, and technology. I also have a Facebook page or meet up with me on Twitter. I appreciate all of the support, makes my day! Honored by all the wonderful followers, thank you very much! Would love if you followed my posts by going to right side of screen and subscribing. Here are past posts on Hong Kong Transitions through the weeks: I bounce between professional and personal reflections.
Week 33: Styling Librarian Week 33 Hong Kong Update
Week 32: Styling Librarian Week 32 Hong Kong Update
Week 31: Styling Librarian Week 31 Update
Week 30: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 30 Update
Week 29: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 29 Update
Week 28: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 28 Update
Week 27:Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 27 Update
Week 26: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 26 Update
Week 25: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 25 Update
Week 24: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week Update Week 24 The Vietnam Edition
Week 23: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 23
Week 22: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 22
Week 21: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 21
Week 20: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 20
Week 19: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 19
Week 18: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 18
Week 17: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update: Week 17
Week 16: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 16 Update
Week 15: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 15 Update
Week 14: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 14 The Thailand Edition
Week 13: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/10/22/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-13/
Week 12: Hong Kong Transition: Week 12
Week 11: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 11
Week 10: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/10/02/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-10/
Week 9: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/23/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-9/
Week 8: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/17/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-8/
Week 7: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/09/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-7/
Week 6: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/02/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-6/
Week 5: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/26/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-update-week-5/
Week 4: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/19/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-4-update/
Week 3: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/13/styling-librarian-hong-kong-move-update-week-3/
Week 2: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/03/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-positives-and-negatives-week-2-update/
Week 1: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/07/27/styling-librarian-post-about-hong-kong-move/