4 Recommended books to help your gambling perspective
1. Antifragile by author, Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Most things in nature gain from disorder. So rather than collapse, it grows stronger.
2. The Real Story about Risk: Adventures in a Hazardous world by author, Glenn Croston
The book explore the wider story of risk. The ultimate goal of taking risks is to be in control.
3. Thinking, Fast and Slow, by author Daniel Kahneman.
The book opens your mind on how to make better decisions in times of uncertainty’
4. The Signal and The Noise by author, Nate Silver.
The book provides valuable insights into the skill of predictive ability.
There are 6 types of gamblers.
1. The Professional gambler make their living by gambling and therefore sees it as a profession. They are skilled and can control the amount of money they use and know when to stop playing.
2. The anti social gambler use gambling as a way to get money by illegal means. They are likely to fix races, play with loaded dice and marked cards.
3. The casual social gambler, gamble for recreation, entertainment and being social. Gambling does not interfere with his normal, everyday life.
4. The serious social gamblers spend more time and money on gambling. Gambling is a major source of relaxation and recreation. But these gamblers tend to put family and work first and gambling as a second choice.
5. The relief and escape gamblers, gamble to find relief from anxiety, depression, anger, boredom and loneliness. They use gambling to escape from problems and difficulties.
6. The compulsive gamblers have lost control over their gambling. For the compulsive gambler his gambling has become an addiction that influences all aspects of his life.
As in all other things in life, you can be educated in being a Gambler. There are schools and colleges especially for gamblers and for casino personnel. There are books that can be read and used as study material. Professional gamblers probably studied at a college or school for gamblers. For the rest of us a few books to read would be more than enough education about gambling.